- Online focusmeeting in the Netherlands: ”Lost in translation?” 28 January 2021. Ethical evaluation exchange of medical and animal ethics committee members on the translational chain from bench to bedside.
- Online preclinical working group meeting and preclinical sessions within the Ensuring Value in Research Funder Forum conference, 17 and 29 September 2020
- Organiser educational session by highschool teachers “Experiencing education” at the Pioneer-to-Policymaker conference 27-29 november 2019. https://tpitv.clients.tradecast.eu/watch/42 https://www.transitieproefdiervrijeinnovatie.nl/english/news/11.6.
- Initiator and Co-organiser roundtable with editors and funders at 25 September 2017 in Edinburgh with the aim to improve uptake of reporting guidelines for animal studies.
- Co-organiser of the first international symposium on Systematic Reviews in Laboratory Animal Science (2012)
Being the (co-)chair at scientific sessions at multiple conferences (e.g. FELASA congress 2019 Prague, second International Symposium on Systematic Reviews in Laboratory Animal Science 2013; Cochrane Colloquiem 2013, various ScandLAS symposia; World Congress on Alternatives 2011 and 2014, various FELASA conferences), as well as being the organiser and chair of several workshops at conferences: e.g. FELASA 2010: “Systematic reviews for animal experimentation”, ScandLAS 2001: “Openness on animal experimentation, yes or no?”; FELASA 2002: “Use of live animals in teaching and training”. For the 8th. World conference on alternatives the initiative was taken for the Montreal Declaration, which was adopted by the conference: http://3rs.ccac.ca/documents/en/WC8_Declaration_of_Montreal_FINAL.pdf